Flying High…. In High Top Sneakers!!

Flying high with the latest trend to hit celebs and runways…… High Top Sneakers!! Laced or velcroed, coloured or black, wedge heeled or flat there are so many ways to wear these babies…. So which way will you be wearing them??

I have to confess, the very first time I saw a picture of celebs sporting some high tops I was not at all keen on them…the first thought to come to mind was ewww who wears sneakers anywhere but the gym?! And then the more I looked at the different styles for sale and the more celebs I saw looking beyond fab in them, they started to grow on me and I thought hey….maybe I could actually pull these off!

The perfect alternative to boots or ballet flates in winter, team them with some leather pants or jeans, a slouchy tee and blazer, a scarf and some jewels and you are good to go! Super comfy and perfect for those occasions when you don’t want to be too dressy but still want to look super stylish and put together then this is the time to pull on your high tops.

Below are my fave picks of the ones available at the moment, but there are sooo many out there I couldn’t show you all of them. So shop around and find a pair you love and tell me all about them!

high tops

1: Steve Madden – $179.95

2: Wittner Shoes – $169.95

3: Zu Shoes – $100.00

4: Dotti – $69.95

5: Novo – $49.95

6: Ash Alex from Asos – $310.40

Have you already got some high tops, where are they from?

Have you seen any high tops that you are lusting after and have added to your wish list?

signature

Share:

12 Comments

1. March 5, 2013 / 1:03 pm

Part of me thinks they look ridiculous and the other part of me is desperate for a pair! 🙂 I think they could be very handy this winter.

• March 5, 2013 / 7:10 pm

Yes that’s totally how I felt at first but the more I see them the more in love I am 🙂 x

2. March 5, 2013 / 1:11 pm

I’m into this trend!! I’ve been eyeing off a pair of Sam Edelman sneakers!! X Karen

• March 5, 2013 / 7:09 pm

Oooh ill have to check them out. Be sure to post some pics if you get them! X

3. March 5, 2013 / 6:50 pm

I am torn between them, but I think the more I look at the them the more they win me over. Till of course I saw the price!

• March 5, 2013 / 7:08 pm

That’s exactly what happened to me the more I looked at them the more I liked them. There is some good cheaper options around

4. March 6, 2013 / 2:57 pm

Oh I don’t know!!! Maybe I need to try on a pair to see? 🙂

• March 6, 2013 / 3:18 pm

I totally know what you mean those were my exact thoughts at first. I think it’s just a matter of teaming them with the right outfit!

5. March 8, 2013 / 3:39 pm

I adore my Converse Chuck Taylor hi tops. They’re lolly pink with a black lace design printed on them. I also bought a fab pair of brand new Puma high tops – padded tongue, aqua, hot pink and white with paint “splatter” – from the op shop I volunteer at, for an 80s party. I think I might be rocking them later on though!

I don’t think I’m particularly keen on the hybrid wedge hi top trainer though. I tried on some at the Seed warehouse store recently (caramel coloured suede down to $70 – bargain!) but I just didn’t like them on me.

• March 12, 2013 / 12:00 pm

Oooh the seed ones sound great. I would love a caramel coloured pair. Yeah you’re right I think they are just one of those things you have to see on before you know. Sounds like you have a good stash of them, definitely start rocking them 🙂 love the sound of the ones with the lace!! Xx

6. March 12, 2013 / 8:02 am

Oh how I love a wedged sneaker! I dream of the day I own a pair of Isabel Marants… until then, I’ll just lust over them on celebrities! Haha 🙂

Great picks gorgeous x

• March 12, 2013 / 11:58 am

Oh my goodness YES the Isabel ones are to die for!! Also my dream ones! But guess we’ll just have to wait or settle for a less expensive pair haha xx