Acai Bowls…. They are everywhere, in all kinds of variations and I am always on the lookout for cafe’s and restaurants who do a good one. But I wanted to be able to whip up my own at home, it costs a lot less and you can make it however you like with your favourite toppings.
Below is a super easy recipe to follow that will have you gobbling down a delicious, healthy bowl of goodness in no time. And the best part, you can do so while still in your PJ’s on a lazy Sunday morning. Perfection!
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- 2 sliced bananas (can be frozen or normal)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (you may need more depending on how good your blender is at mixing things. Add until you get the consistency you like)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Any type of fresh fruit you like. I like to use, banana’s, strawberries, kiwi fruit
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Slivered almonds
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Add extra milk if needed as you go
- Consistency should be thicker than a smoothie so you can eat with a spoon
- Scoop into bowls
- Add desired toppings (I like to put them on in lines one by one to create a
nice look, insta worthy picture!)
(This recipe should make enough for two people. I don’t use acai powder in mine as I haven’t been able to get my hands on any but you can add a couple of scoops of it if you have some)
Have you tried making your own Acai Bowls?
If so what are your tips for making them extra delicious?