Who doesn’t love a quick and easy lunch?! I am always looking for new and delicious recipes to make for weekend lunches but particularly ones I can whip up easily and take to work. I tend to get tired of the same thing if I repeat meals to much, anyone else with me? So when I found this recipe for Zucchini Corn Fritters with Sriracha and Yoghurt dipping sauce on Delish I was super happy. Such a fuss free meal to cook really easily and will leave you wanting more.
I found that 4 of these fritters on their own was enough for a meal but you could definitely serve them as a side as well. I think they would also be great to have with a poached egg on top for breakfast. Mmmm! Below is the recipe, be sure to let me know if you make it.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes (I didn’t have any so I just put extra Basil in, or oregano or another dried herb would work fine too)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- Ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Grate zucchini, then squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible.
- In a bowl, combine zucchini, corn, scallions, eggs, spices, salt and pepper. Then mix in parmesan cheese and flour.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- For each fritter, scoop approx 1/4 cup of mixture into skillet, flatten to approx 1/2 inch and cook until golden, approx 2 mins per side.
- If needed add more olive oil in between batches.
- In a small bowl mix greek yoghurt and sriracha, serve on the side with fritters.
- Bon Appetit!
I found this recipe made about 8 fritters maybe 10 if you make them a little smaller.