I’m always looking for different breakfast ideas to get my day started. I like to mix things up and try different recipes to avoid getting bored. Today I’ll be sharing my Bircher Muesli recipe with you all!
I have been making this recipe for years now and I still keep coming back to it. It’s super easy and you can prepare a lot of it the night before which is a bonus. I enjoy eating oats as they are nice and filling and keep you going until lunch time. The other great thing about this recipe is you can adjust it according to your taste and try different toppings.
This recipe serves 2 people but you can just adjust according to how many you need to feed!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 large pear (grated)
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- Fruit Juice (My preference is apple but you can change if you prefer something else)
- Flaked Almonds to garnish
- 2 Bananas sliced
- 4 Strawberries sliced
- Put oats in a bowl
- Pour fruit juice over oats, you want enough to just coat the oats but not drown them
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- When ready to eat, grate the pear with skin on
- Mix pear into oats
- Add yoghurt to the oats and mix
- Slice your fruit
- Divide oats into two bowls
- Place your sliced fruit on top (you can change up fruit to be anything you like)
- Sprinkle flaked almonds on top